I need to move a hinge on an Andersen storm door and noticed that they had rivets - what kind of rivet is this? They say the size is 3/16 X 9/32. Is it a pop rivet or a blind rivet? I don't know anything about rivets.

enter image description here

Here's a video https://youtu.be/rJP34RkoHe0?t=108

I'd like to just buy some rivets to move it rather than buying an entire hinge assembly. If they are hard to get - is there a simpler replacement I can use?

  • Is there enough metal in the frame to tap a 10-32 hole?
    – JACK
    Jun 19 '20 at 21:18

I call them "drive rivets", as you simply slip them into the hole and drive the pin in. They're readily available at well-stocked hardware stores. Andersen uses 1/8" and 3/16" sizes, if I recall correctly.

For your application you could also simply use corrosion-resistant sheet metal screws, or, as Jimmy Fix-it suggests, pop rivets.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.