I have a Bosch SHEM63W55N model and it intermittently ends a cycle with E22 error code. The literal reading of the code is:
An E22 error code indicates that the dishwasher filter is blocked. The filter is the area where food particles get caught and it needs to be cleaned regularly. Remove the filter to make sure it is not clogged.
But the filter is not clogged.
Symptoms and what I've tried:
- The error is always at the end of the cycle
- There is some standing water (about 2-3 inch), but it's in the drain compartment below the filter mesh.
- I removed the pump cover and checked with fingers for debris and possible blockage. I couldn't feel any, and the pump was rotating freely.
- I removed the drain hose from the drainage spigot and the water was draining well into a bucket, so it's probably not a blocked drain hose.
- The dishwasher is 1.5 years old, installed by me, and was working fine until 1 month ago.
What could be the culprit?