I am helping a family member with some things around the hose and discovered that their kitchen faucet is leaking from the base of the sprayer hose while it is being used.

I would like to disconnect the hose so I can examine and replace the parts as needed. However, I can't figure out how to disconnect the hose from the base of the spray nozzle. If I grip the hose in one hand, and turn the nozzle with the other hand, the nozzle rotates freely. Thus it does not appear to be a threaded connection.

I'm not sure of the manufacturer and model so my attempts at research have thus far failed. Here's a picture of the nozzle where the hose connects to its base:

faucet detail view

2 Answers 2


You will need to know the brand and model of the faucet to ascertain whether that is a connection that is designed to be disassembled. Also, any repair parts like washers/gaskets will most assuredly be proprietary and must be sourced from the maker.

Long gone are the days when faucet components were standardized in any way.


Try pushing it in and turning it, this might be what's called a "cam lock" type system.

  • Great suggestion, but it didn't work in this case.
    – DeeDee
    Jun 3, 2020 at 21:39
  • 1
    In my (limited) experience, such hoses are not repairable. I wound up with a new faucet/hose assembly. Jun 3, 2020 at 21:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.