I am planning to install a vinyl floor in a large portion of the main floor of my home. What baffles me is how to best install the vinyl when it covers the floor around the large banisters going upstairs. Currently, the tired and damaged wood floor goes right up against the wood banister. I understand that vinyl floor requires an expansion gap.
- Should I under cut and slide the vinyl under?
- Should I leave an expansion gap and use quarter round?
- Should I use several small and precisely cut shoe molding?
- Honey oak banister will be painted white
- Carpet will be installed on the stairs