I'm installing an under-sink water filter which comes with a mini faucet (requires a 1/2" opening). My sink currently accommodates a regular faucet which also sports a side sprayer, which I don't really use that much.

One option is to simply drill another 1/2" hole in a sink and install the new faucet there but I'm curious if I could completely disconnect the sprayer from the system and mount the new faucet into the existing hole. I would appreciate help with the following questions:

  • What is the right way to mount a mini faucet (1/2" hole) into a larger opening (about 7/8", possibly 1")? Is there some kind of adapter for such scenarios?

  • What is the right way to disconnect a side sprayer? Currently, looking under the sink, there are 4 pipes coming out of the main faucet. 2 are connected to respectively hot and cold lines, the other two plug into some king of plastic assembly that connects them to the sprayer hose (see picture below).

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.