One of the pipe under my bathroom sink has small hole and it sprays water as soon as i start/open faucet. Red circle in above photo shows where the hole is. Which pipe is that? Where can i find that pipe and how easy is to replace it? Is there any quick fix to repair it instead of replace it?

There is shelter-in-place in city in which I live. I don't want to hire plumber to fix this if this is easy to fix. Any help would be appreciated.


That's a proprietary crossover line that would've come with your faucet. Exact parts may not be easy to find. However, you could probably fix that with a two-way nipple and some standard hose clamps. You'd just cut the line at the leak point, insert the nipple into each stub, and clamp it snug.

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • Do you know what size of two-way nipple can i use? I dont know size of that pipe. – DGS May 19 '20 at 21:47
  • 2
    Since you can't use the sink/faucet because of the leak, Just cut it at the leak and look at the inside diameter of the hose. Most likely it's a 3/8 " ID hose. – Programmer66 May 19 '20 at 21:53
  • 1
    I would guess 3/8” or 1/4” a trip to the store cost more than getting a couple of sizes 2 hose clamps also 1 for each side , I have used zip ties in a pinch but don’t recommend them to hold tubing on the barbs. – Ed Beal May 19 '20 at 23:05
  • 1
    Put the hose clamps on each stub before inserting the nipple. :-)+ – JACK May 20 '20 at 17:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.