I am trying to change the water line on my fridge, but the end connector is different. My current set-up is just the plastic tubing connecting directly into the coupler, but the replacement part under the red cap has metal fittings etc. This is the proper replacement for my fridge Fridge Water Line and this is what the end looks like Water Line End

Can I just cut this end so that it will be the plastic tubing like I need?

  • If you notice that fitting has multiple pieces. If the tubing is the same size you will probably be able to make it work but that is a guess because sometimes there are crush ferrules inside that can not be re used but they can be replaced. – Ed Beal May 13 '20 at 17:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.