I have a refrigerator that I thoroughly cleaned out and washed with soap/baking soda, and let thoroughly dry. They always recommend to keep Doors Open for long term refrigerator storage. This prevents mold and mildew growth even when unplugged.
My question, why does mold/mildew grow in Refrigerators unplugged, but they do Not grow in closed cabinets or electronic interior equipment as much?
Do unplugged refrigerator plastics have tenacity to grow more mold?
*Just fyi, after cleaning refrigerator, I left door open for few days to dry out, but I guess keeping doors open for Long Term is the question