Would there be an issue with using composite shims to help level one layer of block on top of another?
Other possible relevant info
- I am using 6in x 12in retaining wall block.
- Max height is 3 blocks tall (plus capstone)
- Using 3/4 in agg to backfill behind the block, inside the block cavity, and under the 1st layer of block.
- Ground and 3/4 in agg stone are tamped and leveled prior to block placement
- Capstones will be secured using landscape block adhesive.
- I will probably squirt some landscape block adhesive into any gaps created around the shims.
- I would expect to use shims on maybe 3 bricks where it's been tough to transition from one layer to another due to the hill slope.
- Checking to make sure the shims do not cause any block wiggle once installed.