I have a set of these hinges (at least, they seem to be hinges) but I'm not sure what they're for.

They measure about 1.5" (3cm) in the longest direction.

Here are some odd features:

  • No obvious way to attach the parts on the left with the one on the right!

  • Setscrew in U-shaped piece (second photo)

I assume these would be surface-mounted, they seem too thick to mortise into anything.

enter image description here

enter image description here


1 Answer 1



I look at that and see a clamp to assemble two panels at right-angles which is designed for easy assembly or disassembly and flat-packing.

  • 1
    +1. Looks like some sort of Knock-Down hardware
    – PeteCon
    May 2, 2020 at 16:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.