I have this small clamp - its about 2" / 5 cm tall:

enter image description here

I'm not sure where it came from so I don't know what its for. Note the pin on the right side which is removable - I assume this is to allow something to fit in the clamp from the side?

I suppose it could be more of a press than a clamp but I don't think you could get much pressure given the small size of the main knob.

Searching for terms like "castaloy small clamp" returns lots of hits but nothing that seems to match this particular tool.

Update - thanks to Solar Mike's answer I was able to locate the exact clamp, apparently still made which is a "Fisherbrand Castaloy Hosecock Clamp" from Fisher Scientific, with the description

Fine-machined adjustment screw for very accurate regulation of flow


The keyword that made the difference was "tube" which was critical to locating it since nothing about the clamp was obvious to me to have anything to do with tubing.

1 Answer 1


That style of clamp can be or has been used to compress or close soft tubes or pipes in many situations like drip feed water supply to plants as a simple example.

  • Hosecock clamp.+
    – JACK
    May 2, 2020 at 15:59
  • I have very similar clamps for aquarium air hose control. The name "castaloy" sounds familiar for lab equipment. May 2, 2020 at 20:37
  • Found Fisher Scientific has a line of miscellaneous laboratory clamp type items under the name "castaloy". May 2, 2020 at 20:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.