I'm looking at various wiring centers for gas boiler heating and I'm wondering if they're compatible with the major smart thermostats, such as Nest, Hive, and Honeywell.
- Reliance: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reliance-Zone-Wiring-Centre-Underfloor/dp/B00HNNBUQK
- Heatmiser: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heatmiser-UH8-230v-Wiring-Centre/dp/B01N9H4YHV
- Waterline: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CONTROLLER-UNDERFLOOR-HEATING-8-ZONES/
- Salus: https://www.amazon.co.uk/KL08NSB-Wiring-Underfloor-Heating-Communication/dp/B07KSYBGCT
I'm wondering if these wiring centers only work with the specific thermostats of the manufacturer, or are they "universal" and they can work with other thermostats. I haven't been able to verify this. Does anybody know the answer?
Follow-up: if they are, then how does the thermostat control all 8 zones? Any reference materials out there?
Manufacturer product info (as best as I could find them):
- Reliance: N/A
- Heatmiser: https://www.heatmiser.com/en/central-wiring-centres/
- Waterline: N/A
- Salus: https://salus-controls.com/files/KL08NSB-QG-EN-v001.pdf