I recently had my bathroom done and a new light fitting was added. I have a hole left around it where the new light fitting is smaller than the previous one. How do I fill this in please?

enter image description here

  • 1
    Clarification - that's just the pull switch isn't it? It's not a translucent cover with a light inside? – brhans May 1 at 13:58

You call the person who did it, and say "fix it". It would have been an easier job if they moved the switch four inches inwards, and then patched in a section of crown molding.

If it has to stay there - just get a load of mud (that's the American term), and smear it into the gap. It'll look ugly, but better than the big holes you have.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Problem is, once that fixture quits (hopefully in a few years if it is a decent LED, but electronics just sometimes die unexpectedly) mud or caulk or any other filler will be a pain to remove, clean up, repatch.... Far better to get it moved now. – manassehkatz-Moving 2 Codidact May 1 at 13:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.