I've the following inverter:
Model: Sukam Shiny
URL: Inverter pics (1st model on the page)
The problem is that even with the mains on, I'm facing two issues:
- Inverter runs in Battery mode (Backup)
- All appliances that are connected via the inverter stop working
This problem started happening last night when there was a power cut for about 10 mins. As soon the power went out, inverter switched to battery mode and appliances (fans/light) stopped working (even though they should have kept running)
And then when the power came back, the inverter stayed in that mode. Only when I switched off the inverter then the fans/light started working.
So basically it's like I no longer have the inverter facility at my home.
I'm not very much technical with this stuff but I'll list out whatever info that I know of.
- Location: India
- Operating voltage: 220-240v
- Battery has 6 cells (all have been re-filled with distilled water)
- Some corrosion was visible in one of the wire plate which I cleared out with a brush
- Inverter is set to W-UPS mode
- Charging mode: LA (10 amp)
- Fuse seems to be okay
- Strangely, I do not see a reset button on the inverter
So in summary, with the main power on the appliances work only when I turn off the inverter otherwise the appliances do not work and inverter remains in battery mode.