My gas dryer (Samsung DV520AGP/XAA-0002) won't heat. I've done pretty extensive testing and I'm stumped. Here's what I know:
- When I start a cycle, the igniter turns on, ignition occurs, and then after ~10 seconds, the flame goes out. After ~1 minute, the same thing repeats.
- I tested the thermal fuse, the high limit thermostat, the igniter, and the radiant sensor for continuity -- all pass
- I tested the resistance on gas valve coils and the thermistor -- all are within specs
- Best clue -- when I bypass the high limit thermostat using a short bit of copper wire, the dryer works normally
- I replaced the high limit thermostat, thinking it was tripping at a too-low temperature. No change
- I then replaced the gas valve coils, thinking that those were worn and leading to improperly high temperatures. No change
I'm sort of stumped on what to try next. Any ideas?
(For easy reference, here is a link to the parts list: https://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-for-samsung-dv520agp-xaa-0002.html)