We are trying to repair the water damage on a wall and we cleaned it up pretty good and sealed the exterior to prevent water from re-entering.

My question is: What should we use to fill the gap in between the window and the wall?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


The space between the window and wall I'd just stuff with some fiberglass insulation. I wouldn't be using the expanding foam because it might put a strain on the window and impede operation. Then straighten out that drywall edge and add a new piece down to the window and tape with mud. If the space is small enough, cover with some trim or molding. The latter will look weird if the other windows don't have the same molding.

  • Thank you so much for the help
    – Taz
    Commented Apr 16, 2020 at 22:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.