I had a fountain in the middle of my yard. The fountain is now gone but my GFCI Outdoor box is still there and is in a mid-run, as I have another outlet against my far fence. The electrical is buried from my house to the fountain where it pops up (with the outdoor GFCI) then buried again to the far fence with another GFCI. How can I remove the fountain (mid run GFCI outlet)? Can I splice it, do I need a box? Can it be buried? I'd like to put lawn back over the top.

  • 2
    Does this answer your question? How can I repair a damaged UF cable – isherwood Apr 1 '20 at 18:59
  • What type of installation, conduit or UF-B cable? – JACK Apr 1 '20 at 19:12
  • 1
    Code varies by country and local government. Personally I would at the very least put in a junction box where you splice, and maintain some sort of access tube or marker so you can always get at it. If the wiring is inside a conduit, it really is better to pull a fresh run end to end – Carl Witthoft Apr 1 '20 at 19:17
  • The answer @isherwood would be the same for me if UF no box is needed with a underground splice kit. But you will have to dig down to burry the splice. – Ed Beal Apr 1 '20 at 19:30
  • Can you post a photo of the inside of the outlet box please? Do you want the option of putting an outlet back in at that location in the future? – ThreePhaseEel Apr 1 '20 at 23:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.