I just moved into an apartment with a row of loose wood planks along a central walkway. I'm only going to be here a few months, but I'd like to secure them somehow. Unfortunately for me, this house is in Brazil. Typical hardware stores like Lowe's or Home Depot are nowhere to be found and I don't speak the language well enough to have a conversation with a local hardware guy. There are plenty of Mom & Pop shops around with screws and wood shims, but I only have a very basic set of tools with me (an advanced utility knife). What are some methods to secure the wood blocks but not damage my feet when I walk over them?

enter image description here

  • Can you get your hands on some construction adhesive?
    – JACK
    Mar 15, 2020 at 0:20
  • @JACK I'm not sure what that is. This might be a good answer, and I can try to figure out what it is here.
    – Hooked
    Mar 15, 2020 at 1:22

1 Answer 1


For a small job like that, I think construction adhesive would do the trick. Most local hardware stores should sell it. You'd need a caulking gun, about $5 bucks, to spread the adhesive. The adhesive comes in a cardboard tube similar to the one below. There are many different types.

enter image description here

  • This looks like it would adhesive the blocks to the floor (thank you!), but what about the spacing between the blocks? Should it be filled with the adhesive?
    – Hooked
    Mar 15, 2020 at 1:45
  • @Hooked - why do you care about the spacing? Walking on a crack won't hurt your feet.
    – Willk
    Mar 15, 2020 at 2:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.