Hardware I would like to mount
- Router: AVM FRITZ!Box 7590
- Switch: Netgear GS116E-200PES 16-Port
- 2 * Raspberry Pis (3 & 4)
- various CAT.7 cables
- ??? (ideas are welcome, should be related to router)
The switch may be a bit oversized. It comes from my old apartment where I had a LAN port in every corner in every room. I still would like to continue use it in case I'm moving to a new apartment where it can be put to good use.
I want to mount it on a wood board and place the board on a wall. That wood board can be put and removed from the wall (so no permanent install) in case I'm moving to a new apartment I can just take the wood board with me instead of rewiring everything again.
- How thick should the wood be?
- What kind of screws should I buy? (How big and how deep?)
- For the wall mounting:
- How do I create the "hooks" so I can mount it on the wall and remove it from the wall? Like when you are hanging up pictures. Which "hooks" should I get?
- Cable management:
- What do I buy for cable management?
- What do I need to pay attention to?
- Risk of fire due to hardware's close proximity to wood?
- Bad idea, because ... ? Do this instead?
I've seen a nice DIY article about such project before but I lost the article. Answers with links to those articles are also welcome.
I'm a novice at home improvement and would like to start with something small like this.