Our dryer is on the 2nd floor, above a garage. It vents into the wall and downward, and comes out about twelve feet above ground at an exterior wall several feet away to the right. I think the duct goes above the ceiling of our garage, through what would be an attic.
Today when cleaning the dryer vent with a drill-mounted extendable brush, the brush came back with pink fluff stuck to it - it's either insulation or cotton candy. My money's on insulation.
My garage has no attic access at all, and I can't get to it from the attic above the rest of the house. Am I going to have to hire someone to tear out the garage ceiling to fix this? And how bad would it be if I run the dryer daily before this can be fixed? How does one address this kind of problem?