What is the name of this piece and where can I find a UL listed replacement part.

enter image description here

  • That cRUus logo there is as UL-listish as you're going to get. It means "UL Recognized (Canada) (US)" meaning it's a pre-approved component, and will hasten UL listing of a fixture containing it. Mar 9 '20 at 5:59
  • why are you not saying what the piece is? ... it looks like a light socket component, but it is impossible to determine its size ... downvote for not providing all available information
    – jsotola
    Mar 9 '20 at 6:34
  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. Unfortunately, we'll need more info before we have any chance of helping you. Please take our tour so you'll know how best to participate here. Mar 9 '20 at 11:04
  • 1
    Lighting socket? Is this the side of the socket that the lamp or heating element inserts into? If you can break down the socket configuration from the bulb used you might find the socket by the configuration. Kind of looks like it could a G22 socket (22 mm pin separation). Mar 10 '20 at 17:21

That looks just like the terminal fitting for a lamp or bulb holder. Too cheap to be available separately.

I would suggest it is easier to purchase a complete unit especially as some parts may have been changed over time.


The NEC rules requiring UL (or equivalent) only apply to equipment such as a junction box or light fixture.

This is not equipment. This is a component of equipment.

You are attempting subunit repair of what looks like a light fixture. This isn't the whole fixture, just a component, looks like a socket.

Suppose Joe manufactures light fixtures and seeks a UL Listing. Joe buys the lampholders, does not make them in-house. UL tears down the unit and torture-tests every part, including those lampholders. Also. UL does ongoing inspection of Joe's factory to assure actual output resembles the test articles. Including the lampholder factory - on Joe's dime!

Well, some manufacturers of lampholders had UL pre-approve their components. That is the "RU" stamp you see on this piece. It's called "ЯU-Recognized" because it's for components, not equipment. Anyway, by smartly choosing ЯU-Recognized lampholders, Joe breezed through UL listing, and doesn't have to pay to inspect the lampholder or its factory.

So all you need to do is use an ЯU-Recognized replacement, and you're good to go.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.