Are there any vertical lift mechanisms available which can vertically lower down and lift a wall cabinet shelves ?

I am redesigning my kitchen and it will have a 36" wide and 18" high cabinet over sink. Between the sink and cabinet is 36" wide opening ( between kitchen and adjoining dining room ).

By pulling down the cabinet shelf using some kind of mechanism, I can easily reach all items in the cabinet.

Any suggestions ?

  • Yes, they are made and sold, check out the kitchen manufacturers. – Solar Mike Mar 3 at 5:28
  • Try searching for adjustable height coffee table mechanisms. Maybe there’s something there you could adapt for your purposes – Alaska Man Mar 3 at 5:29
  • Check this: diy.stackexchange.com/q/27125/97780 – Solar Mike Mar 3 at 9:40
  • Mike, the links on that page are broken what are you referring to , no accepted answers. – Ed Beal Mar 3 at 22:42
  • @AlaskaMan I am actually searching for those mechanisms to make the coffee table myself. Do you know if they have a name ? Thank you – Ciprian Tomoiagă Sep 2 at 12:13

Like this?

enter image description here

Do a search for "pull down shelf system". Then take out a second mortgage to pay for them, they are NOT inexpensive.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.