I just moved into this house and I don't know what kind of faucet this is (no label anywhere).

The head of the faucet comes out, but the whole faucet is essentially stuck in the middle. It gets annoying when I'm trying to wash things in the sink and want to move the faucet out of the way. Do you guys know if this faucet is supposed to be able to move, and it's just stuck in its current place?

enter image description here

  • I'm guessing that the manufacturer's name is on the back of the faucet stem at the bottom. You might try a mirror to see if it's there. Can't imagine a kitchen faucet not rotating unless it was installed improperly. You may have to pull it off and reinstall it. – HoneyDo Feb 29 at 0:28
  • It looks like there are pivot points see the white lines. Maybe they are tight, try making it turn from lower down not with the wand it may be tight, I could be wrong but I have had this type of faucet for over 30 years many different brands and they all would pivot. – Ed Beal Feb 29 at 1:26
  • 1
    I agree with Ed. Every faucet like this I've ever installed rotated. They usually have "O" rings inside and if they start to deteriorate they will freeze up and make rotating the faucet difficult if not impossible. You might have to disassemble it and install new ones. – JACK Feb 29 at 1:31
  • Alright, thanks everybody! I’ll try to disassemble and see if the o rings are in tact. Now to figure out how to disassemble this thing..... – David Feb 29 at 2:46
  • Also you're right, the mfr name is on the back of the stem. Snapped a photo with my phone - looks like it's Kohler. – David Feb 29 at 3:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.