I'm about to run some conduit underground, and due to various obstacles can't do a dead-straight run. I certainly don't want to add 90degree turns due to the extra drag when pulling a cable though. But in all my searches 90degree bends are the only ones that anyone seems to sell. Where can I find 45/30/20/10 degree bends?


  • 1
    What type and size of conduit? With pvc I use heat blankets to make minor bends, with metal I just bend it by hand on smaller sizes (under 1”) and a hydraulic bender for larger sizes.
    – Ed Beal
    Feb 20, 2020 at 11:30
  • Thanks. I'm going to try the hairdryer plus spring (to avoid kinking).
    – Codemonkey
    Feb 20, 2020 at 12:36
  • 1
    Perhaps you're looking for a 135 degree elbow. Feb 20, 2020 at 14:10
  • And THAT'S the answer I was looking for, thank you @AndrewMorton. Never occurred to me that I was looking for the inverse of what I wanted, doh!
    – Codemonkey
    Feb 20, 2020 at 14:41
  • 1
    I don't think you want a 135. That's beyond 90. The nominal description refers to the angle from straight.
    – isherwood
    Feb 20, 2020 at 14:58

2 Answers 2


This may be a shopping question and might get shut but you can buy conduit bends at any electrical supply house.

In my opinion, two 45s are only slightly less drag than a single 90, but the large radius 90s (aka "sweeps") are better than two 45's. Oversizing the conduit helps all around.


You can also bend your conduit to spec. With metal conduit up to about 3/4" or 1", you use a tubing bender sized for the pipe. For bigger metal conduit you use a brake like a Hossfeld Bender.

With PVC conduit, you heat it up in a particular way.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.