I have a loose sink faucet with screws I've never seen that holds it in place.

Faucet Bottom of faucet showing the screws Side view

There doesn't appear to be anything for a screwdriver or wrench to latch onto for tightening. How does one tighten these screws?

  • Those black things, from below? They look like rubber caps, can you try pulling them off? If not then try lifting the faucet skirt that's resting on your basin, there could be screws or nuts there.
    – MonkeyZeus
    Feb 17 '20 at 14:40
  • I wasn't able to. It doesn't feel like plastic or rubber, but not 100% sure. Feb 17 '20 at 15:00
  • Can you get a picture from a side-view?
    – MonkeyZeus
    Feb 17 '20 at 15:04
  • Yes, although it's a bit far away. I have updated the question with a side view picture. Feb 17 '20 at 15:07

The plates marked A are tapered. Rotate them one way tightens and the other way loosens. I have only seen these a few times and did not care for them as they kept becoming loose but that was in a rental with college kids so it could have been rough handling.

  • Do you rotate them by hand? Feb 17 '20 at 14:59
  • I use long nose pliers to get them tighter than I can by hand.
    – Ed Beal
    Feb 17 '20 at 15:12
  • Ran across these once.... didn't like them either...could never really get them tightened to where the faucet didn't move back and forth.+
    – JACK
    Feb 17 '20 at 18:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.