I have a deep double fryer I am wiring up, voltage is 208/240, power is 5400/7200 watts, it will be 45 feet from the main electric panel, what size wire and fuses should I use

  • What sort of occupancy is this in? Is the wiring going to be exposed or concealed? Feb 16, 2020 at 21:38
  • What do the instructions call for?
    – JACK
    Feb 16, 2020 at 21:45

1 Answer 1


You'll need 8 AWG copper wire. Your breaker will need to be 40A and 2-pole. Unless the labeling or instructions says otherwise.

  • Even at 208 Voltage?
    – JACK
    Feb 16, 2020 at 22:50
  • 3
    Yes. 5400/208=26amp plus 25 percent equals 32amp therefore 40amp breaker. Feb 16, 2020 at 23:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.