I have a lot of things which were covered in fungus. I have to go to some recycling area to throw them out. I want to know if is it safe as I heard fungus can get in your breathe.
What is the best way to dispose of items covered in fungus?
Home Improvement Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for contractors and serious DIYers. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Toxins from fungi can definitely become airborne. When removing them, since you have a lot of items, use a N95 respirator just to play it safe. Place items in a large plastic bag and seal the bag before placing it in your car. As a common courtesy, let the people at the recycling facility know about the fungi.
This equipment (water bottle cut open, hose and hairdryer) is giving protection also in case of putting parts covered with fungi into plastic bags: https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/182964/how-to-keep-the-dust-down-when-sawing-indoors-in-the-dead-of-winter