I have a thing to mount on the wall. These things were coming with it. To figure out how to apply them properly I has to know how these things and their parts are called.
There 10mm inscription on the yellow sleeve and numbers 12 and 10x60 on the blue. enter image description here

  • Can you link the pull-up bar? Jan 31 '20 at 14:27
  • @Harper - Reinstate Monica oh, it would be hard for me to find, sorry. I had to struggle to find those model once. Nothing special, just a little wider than most of such.
    – R S
    Jan 31 '20 at 16:02
  • What I'm fishing for is, is this an item you found at retail at Sears or REI.... is it a Harbor Freight / Canadian Tire special... or did you get it on eBay/Amazon/Alibaba. Jan 31 '20 at 16:23
  • @Harper - Reinstate Monica from some seller on the Internet, not Sears or something like that.
    – R S
    Feb 1 '20 at 9:21

Those look like two different kinds of anchors. One for masonry (self-contained with metal sleeve), and the other for drywall (blue sleeves and lag screws).

You'll select the appropriate anchor for the surface you're mounting to and drill an appropriate sized hole. For masonry, you'll insert the entire thing through whatever you're mounting (some type of bracket?), into the hole. For drywall, you'll insert the blue sleeve into the hole, then insert the lag screw through the object to be mounted, into the sleeve.

In either case, tightening the head of the anchor or screw will cause the outer part of the anchor (metal or plastic sleeve) to expand and fit tightly in or behind the hole, securing your object.

  • 4
    those blue sleeves are not for drywall ... think about how thick drywall is ... i think that they are for concrete or brick
    – jsotola
    Jan 30 '20 at 5:51
  • 1
    Drywall anchors are designed to spread to form a star or similar.
    – Solar Mike
    Jan 30 '20 at 5:56
  • 1
    @Peter Duniho I updated the question. All of those supposed to go in the same type of wall if they're in the same kit, there 4 holes - 4 bolts.
    – R S
    Jan 30 '20 at 8:33
  • 1
    @Peter Duniho because there 4 holes in the thing to be mounted and it shipped with those 4 screws. The thing is pull-up bar.
    – R S
    Jan 30 '20 at 8:40
  • 2
    I didn't read the entire squabble above this comment, but I'd never use lag screw anchors in a hollow wall situation. Screws that large need solid substrate, not hollow mush.
    – isherwood
    Jan 30 '20 at 14:08

If each side of the bar has 2 anchor points I would use the metal sleeve anchors on the top and the plastic ones on bottom. The pullout force is greater on the top position. The bottom is mostly shear force so the plastic would be better on the bottom in a concrete or block wall.

  • 1
    Totally agree. I read this question this morning but didn't have time to type answer.... Mine would have been similar. Worked with an electrician in the 60's and he used the blue anchors all the time in block. He said the plastic formed to the crevices in the holes.+
    – JACK
    Jan 30 '20 at 16:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.