We've got a bunch of light switches and covers in our house but in the process of removing them to paint around them, one got broken. Can anyone help me identify it? They were put in by the builder of our townhouse (Sydney, Australia) which was constructed in the last five years or so.

The first picture is of an unbroken switch of the same style. The second picture is of the naked (uncovered) switch.

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • If you unscrew the cover plate, you should be able to read the switch info right off the switch. Anything that recent should have at least the manufacturer and possibly even the model number on it. – Jeremy W. Sherman Sep 23 '12 at 15:38

Your switch and cover plate look very similar to the XLP770 series as shown here:

enter image description here

See here for a distributor web page:


See here for manufacturer's Excel Range brochure:


  • They are the HPM XLP. I have seen tons of them in my life. If they were a Clipsal product the switches would clip into the wallplate and all Clipsal products have a Clipsal logo on them regardless of what the item is. – iamchristos May 20 '13 at 22:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.