I have switched garbage disposal, like many people do. The switch is on a wall w/o any outlets. I'd like to convert the switch to a switch/outlet combo. I read that you shouldn't add an outlet to the dishwasher or disposal circuit so I figured I'd ask y'all.
Here are some facts:
- The dishwasher is hardwired.
- The garbage disposal is corded (not hardwired) and runs to an outlet under the sink. Nothing else is plugged into that outlet.
- I'm not sure if the dishwasher and disposal are on the same circuit. Or what else is on either circuit.
- I'm not sure what the amperage of either circuit is.
Here are my questions:
- As a general question, can I add an outlet to the garbage disposal switch?
- If yes, what considerations do I need to take into account? What questions would I need to know the answers to before proceeded? What would I need to change?
- If no, why not?
Thank y'all so much! Jason