I have a few burned out bulbs in my rental unit, which need to be replaced. Have never seen bulbs like this, cannot find any labels, and can’t even figure out how to remove it! Does anyone know what kind of bulb this is, or know how to find out?

enter image description here

  • It looks like the standard G9, and as said in answer should probably be just pulled out. They can be pretty tight, so handle with care. lampandlight.eu/what-type-of-fitting-do-i-need – Gnudiff Jan 14 at 8:58
  • Thank you! This is very helpful – user3100645 Jan 14 at 15:48
  • looks like a halogen lamp ... do not touch the new bulb with bare hands ... possibility of early failure if oils from your hands get on the glass – jsotola Jan 15 at 2:59

If that's the kind I think it is, it pulls straight out; it's just held in place by friction. Use a towel or something so if it breaks you don't slice your hand, and wiggle it back and forth a bit along the long socket axis.

EDIT: These are called a Glass Wedge Bulb.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thank you! This is very helpful – user3100645 Jan 14 at 15:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.