enter image description here

Could someone please help me find out what kind of tool this is?

The right arm is inscribed with (218 1/2)


Well it looks like a « 3 in 1 » to locate or align the holes in workpieces, then tap a thread and finally install a bolt with a square head.

Square head bolts tend to be for older things but not sure what industry that was designed for.

  • 1
    the square head is not much larger than the shank. I've seen bolts like that locking pulleys onto shafts. – Jasen Jan 7 '20 at 4:44
  • @Jasen yes, you are right - seen them as well, just could not remember last night... – Solar Mike Jan 7 '20 at 14:21
  • @Solar Mike Awesome! Could you maybe provide me with a link to such an item? (Or wikipedia article or something) I cant seem to find anything like it online... – ProfessionalCode Jan 7 '20 at 18:03
  • @ProfessionalCode the tool or the bolt for the pulley? If it is the bolt then research flat belt pulleys. – Solar Mike Jan 7 '20 at 18:06
  • ebay.com/itm/… – Jasen Jan 7 '20 at 20:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.