I have a vented 2" copper drain and am looking to tee off for a adding a washing machine drain line. I saw some pictures of people using couplings to transition from copper to pvs and then adding a long turn pvc wye.

My question is: Could I use this piece instead?

If this does what I think it does, I could slip this in and transition to PVC with this singular part.

  • Where do you live ? Fernco’s are not legal in some jurisdictions but may be depending on your location. – Ed Beal Jan 5 '20 at 0:32
  • Colorado. Found it at my local Lowe's, but I suppose that doesn't guarantee it's to code – Rachel Ayoroa Jan 5 '20 at 0:47
  • I have lived in Denver but that was in 79 – Ed Beal Jan 6 '20 at 4:33
  • Tried to say I have used no hubs or ferncos back then helping my uncle bill , he is gone as is my aunts 2nd husband Bob. I haven’t been back for a long time but we used them back them so if things are the same you should be ok. – Ed Beal Jan 6 '20 at 5:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.