I have a storm door with closers at the top and bottom. The lower one had a unique locking system - when you opened the door far enough it would "click" and stay open. Pushing it a little further unlocked it again.

The cylinder froze open and would no longer close. I went to the local Home Depot, but they don't have this style. Does anyone know what this sort of closer is called? They did have a "touch close" version, which has a button, so alternately should I just use that?

  • Can you please post a picture of the closer in question (there are many styles/brands/models)? Also please use the edit function to add any additional information found on the closer (there are usually manufacturer's markings on them). Jan 5, 2020 at 0:01
  • Unfortunately it went into the trash over christmas when we were killer-cleaning the house. Jan 5, 2020 at 0:01


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.