enter image description here

The socket is from a wall mounted light fixture, the side of the socket says AI YACHT AT578 4/250. I've tried googling this product information but all I get is advertisements for yachts. Does anyone know how to find information about this product and also how to remove the wires from the socket. I need to repair the light fixture and in order to put it back on the wall I need to remove this light socket.

  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. Are those wires supposed to be removable? And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to participate here. Dec 29, 2019 at 22:27

1 Answer 1


Why not just remove it at the terminal blocks visible in the background? You may have to pull them out of the wall.

These are single-use "backstab" connections. The wire can be removed either by firm pulling or jabbing a screwdriver in the slot release there, but then, the spring will be damaged and will no longer hold reliably. You would need to replace the socket at that point.

  • I think that is only an earth terminal. Do you know how to find out where I can buy one of these sockets?
    – A.Davies
    Dec 29, 2019 at 16:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.