This is too weird to describe. (See below) What kind of driver will fit this screwhead?

enter image description here

  • where is the screw used?
    – jsotola
    Dec 27, 2019 at 23:09
  • Hello, and welcome to Home Improvement. Would you add a picture of the screw at an angle, so we can better understand how it's shaped? And, you should probably take our tour so you'll know how best to participate here. Dec 28, 2019 at 0:09

1 Answer 1


It looks like a tire lug screw. You could try a multi grip universal socket like the one below depending on the actual size of you screw.

enter image description here

What I usually do in cases like this is get out my Dremel tool with a cutoff disk and grind a slot in the middle of the screw and then use a large screwdriver to undo it. When that hasn't worked, I pounded a copper pipe close in size into the screw and made a makeshift socket, flattened the pipe and used an adjustable wrench to turn it out.

  • I have one of those and have never used it but it might work. It is a tamper proof screw that I don’t know if I have seen before it’s not a torx but close I would find a Tamper proof bit set on line and find one that looks the same OR use a multi socket OR Dremel as jack mentioned.
    – Ed Beal
    Dec 27, 2019 at 19:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.