Does anyone know what the "connector piece" mentioned in this video at 6min 11s is called: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HIOiyPKUbQ&t=6m10s

And where to buy it?

I could not find it Lowe's, Home Depot, Alkaviva, or the place that sold the water filter unit.

I don't mind buying the entire kit if I have to, but I just can't find where I can buy it from.

Thank you and Happy Holidays :)

Update 1: Sorry, but I should clarify that the Shark Bit quick connect did not work because the threaded end did not reach far enough in to the spout side. enter image description here

I have a video too, but StackExchange won't allow videos.

Update 2: I tried to contact the manufacturer but there was a language barrier so not much information was exchanged. I also tried contacting the person who posted the video, but have not received a response.

  • 2
    "push to connect" fittings. Home Depot, Lowes, etc definitely have them.
    – Gunner
    Dec 26, 2019 at 18:38
  • @Gunner thank you for the prompt response and input. Sorry, I was unclear in my question. I've updated it with information on what happened when I tried to Shark Bit quick connect. Do you know of any workarounds for the threaded side? Thank you again for your time and enjoy the rest of 2019 :)
    – Zhao Li
    Dec 26, 2019 at 19:14
  • Your first coarse of action should be to go to manufacturers web site or try to contact them.
    – Alaska Man
    Dec 26, 2019 at 20:29
  • @AlaskaMan thanks. We tried that. :)
    – Zhao Li
    Dec 26, 2019 at 20:51
  • @AL That would have been pertinent info to include in your question. And what happened when you did try that ? Did you try to contact the person who post the video you linked to?
    – Alaska Man
    Dec 27, 2019 at 20:52

1 Answer 1


1/4" quick connect fitting available all good plumbing and hardware stores, just make sure you cut the tube square and it is pushed in all the way.

  • thank you for the quick response and input. I tried the normal Shark Bit quick connect adapters but the threaded side was not compatible. I've updated the question with this information; sorry I did not have that information in earlier. Do you know of a way to adjust for this? Thanks again for your time and enjoy the rest of 2019 :)
    – Zhao Li
    Dec 26, 2019 at 19:13
  • Wow...how were you able to tell it's 1/4"? Is that standard? I always have to bring in the entire piece in to compare sizes.
    – Zhao Li
    Dec 26, 2019 at 19:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.