I'm looking for a simple watt meter where I can connect both lines of my split phase and get a reading of how many watts and amps are flowing through.

I've seen something similar for solar systems but it's only one phase.

Watt meter

  • What do you want to meter? Your whole house, some subset of loads, an individual load? Commented Dec 26, 2019 at 0:50
  • I know of Sense, Curb, EKM, and Smappee. I'm just looking for something simpler for the whole house.
    – Rick
    Commented Dec 26, 2019 at 0:58
  • Is your utility kWh meter a "smart meter" (with a LCD/digital display) or an old-style electromechanical meter (with dials)? Commented Dec 26, 2019 at 1:06
  • 1
    It's Smart, but it only displays the current meter number, nothing else.
    – Rick
    Commented Dec 26, 2019 at 1:09
  • 2
    Does this answer your question? How can I add an ammeter and/or voltmeter to my home breaker panel? Commented Dec 26, 2019 at 1:43

1 Answer 1


Take a look at a system called TED (The Energy Detective), it can be used to monitor the whole house or individual circuits, or both and gives you a simple interface either stand-alone or to your smart phone or tablet.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.