I've got a "portable AC unit" which is a free-standing unit, not a permanent installation like a high wall split system.
They require to be vented to the outside world, otherwise they simply don't work. I intend to use this to cool down my garage/workshop which has no normal windows.
What is the best way to vent this AC unit?
The options are :
- Run the large diameter spiral hose straight up, and over the brick wall, then down through a soffit vent.
- Same, but tee the hose into an existing extractor fan's hose (for venting a laundry space, rarely used)
- Same, but simply run the hose into the roof cavity and let it heat an already hot space.
Drilling a vent:
- through the wall is not easy because its brick-lined on the outside
- through the person-door is impossible because its entirely double glazed and opens back against a wall
- through the car door is unfeasible because it moves up and down
- through the roofing will break the waterproof layer, and I'd rather not.