I know what an over-the-range microwave is but for this kitchenette I'd like an over the countertop oven-only with the same clearance. Do such configurations exist? What are the code implications and typical rules. I have searched and my searches always lead toward microwaves. Thanks.

  • 1
    Are you talking about putting a stove at roughly head height like where a microwave would commonly be mounted? I'd think those wouldn't exist since it would be very difficult to actually use. If that's not what you mean, can you describe it a little more, or perhaps add a drawing of what you're thinking of? – Nate S. Dec 21 '19 at 0:44
  • 3
    You can get a combination convection oven/microwave for over-the-range. I've had a couple of them. They're nice to have. – Greg Nickoloff Dec 21 '19 at 2:59
  • 4
    If you mean "oven" search for "wall oven" not "over the counter oven." I you mean stovetop burners, there's a Flanders&Swann song with a line praising the convenience of an eye level broiler so you don't have to bend over to get hot fat in your eye... – Ecnerwal Dec 21 '19 at 3:40
  • 1
    As noted in other comments, your use of the word "stove" here is very confusing. It causes your question to be unclear, and unanswerable as-is. Please edit your post to explain either why the word "stove" is actually what you meant and how you expect to use this "over-the-counter stove", or change the word "stove" to whatever word it is you actually mean. – Peter Duniho Dec 21 '19 at 5:31
  • Thanks Greg Nickoloff and @Ecnerwal for your correct terms and guidance. Searching by "wall oven" yielded what I wanted. Sorry, I have changed the word oven to stove. – Oliver Williams Dec 21 '19 at 9:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.