I have a sit-stand desk which moves 50cm vertically. It can be quite wobbly due to the weight of the desk top, and is easy to oscillate side-side or front-back. With static furniture, my response would be to secure it to the wall but that would prevent up-down movement.
Is there a solution that would allow me to attach the desk to the wall while still permitting vertical movement?
- Desk top is solid wood, 40mm thick. I am able to drill into it and attach brackets.
- It's not possible to attach any part of the base to the wall as the table top overhangs on all sides.
- The desk top is adjacent to walls on the rear and right-hand sides.
- The desk top is 15mm from the walls and can be moved further away but not closer due to skirting boards obstructing the base.
- There is space on the walls to mount 50cm guides