How do I attach my dust collection hose to the port on router table fence? I am using a standard shop-vac hose.

enter image description here


Given that you've provided no information about what actual size the shop vac hose (there are multiple "standards" though 2-1/4 inch is the one I'd usually assume) or the size of the hole in the router fence, either something like this, or something like that in the the other direction (or a chunk of wood with an appropriate size hole drilled in it.) The first can be cut to provide various smaller sizes or a flange, the second increases size to 4 inches.

Shop vac adapter (or Shop vac hose adapter) will get results in a search engine.

Or 1/3 of a roll of duct tape... ;-)

shop-vac universal adapter image from amazon. woodcraft 4" adapter

| improve this answer | |
  • Is it common practice to have to drill holes and attach an adapter or is this meant to accept a particular fitting that holds tight without fasteners? – Evil Elf Dec 3 '19 at 3:09
  • 1
    They are usually just push-fit. When in use, the vacuum helps to hold them in position. – Robin Bennett Dec 3 '19 at 13:36
  • Very generic answer for a very generic question. Well done! – FreeMan Dec 3 '19 at 20:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.