Question one: I have a 5 inch cast iron drain pipe roughed in. Is there an adapter to put on the drain to get it down to 2 inches??? Without me having to bust the floor up and change it

Question two. The same pipe is 12 inches from my foundation wall. This is the required length for a shower floor I want to put in. However, now I can't frame the wall with drywall. Just put up furring strips so I can attach the shower wall to the wall?

enter image description here

  • Please add pictures and state the purpose of the pipes.
    – Ride Sun
    Nov 25, 2019 at 18:07
  • The pipe is the drain
    – Scott
    Nov 26, 2019 at 14:42
  • Please ask one question per post. In this case, one involves plumbing and the other framing and drywall. They're not related by more than the faintest thread.
    – isherwood
    Nov 26, 2019 at 14:57

1 Answer 1


1) Perhaps this will work? https://www.wallingtonplumbingsupply.com/44642-5-inch-x-2-inch-concentric-short-reducer-fitting.html

2) I don't see why that would not work, but you might consider fur-strip over 2" foam if that provides sufficient clearance.

  • That is awesome Thank you
    – Scott
    Nov 27, 2019 at 15:09
  • Scott of that answer was helpful up vote and or accept it that will help others in the future.
    – Ed Beal
    Nov 28, 2019 at 16:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.