enter image description here

This is the reverse of a Blum hinge that is no longer made. The threaded insert is broken. The screw is M5. The 6 refers to the length of the threaded insert. Do you recognise the logo of the threaded insert to find a replacement? The thread goes all the way through to the other side.

enter image description here

  • Make a bit to go in or consider new hinges. – Solar Mike Nov 17 '19 at 6:09
  • 1
    You might consider a thread repair kit like helicoil, their are other brands , this or a fire drill with a wire welder could fill the hole and retap it, I mention wire welder because that piece won’t take much heat. I have used both methods to repair damaged threads in the past. – Ed Beal Nov 17 '19 at 8:06
  • I’ve used epoxy in stripped threads with great success. As long as you never want to disassemble it, this might be an option. – UnhandledExcepSean Nov 17 '19 at 14:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.