I was driving past a house under construction and saw this device in its driveway. It was operating, making a continual noise. Does anyone know what this machine is and what it does?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


It looks like a fan-forced portable furnace, to blow warmed air into the cold building that is being built.

  • Would this be called a mobile indirect fired air heater? The purpose is to have all combustion gasses exhausted out side while a heat exchanger warms the air delivered to the inside through the flex duct. I would never have known they existed with out your answer.
    – Kris
    Commented Nov 14, 2019 at 13:34
  • 3
    I'm up in Canada, eh?
    – John Canon
    Commented Nov 14, 2019 at 16:46
  • @Kris It's definitely a mobile air heater, can't say about the rest of your description.
    – Mast
    Commented Nov 14, 2019 at 17:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.