I am purchasing a new apartment entry door and need help with choosing in which direction should it swing. The layout of the common area is quite tight:
- my own apartment is not too big. Any space savings from the door swinging outwards will be significant.
- avoid damage from crashing with the elevator door (and unsafe situations)
- avoid causing discomfort to neighbors
- I commute with a bicycle - it should be easily un/loaded into the elevator
- N1 uses only the stairs and is a single persons; N2 and N3 are families and use mostly the elevator.
- it can't be seen from the "drawing", but it my door swings towards N1 it's gonna block them in - the space was drawn disproportionately long.
Too all the comments: we checked with the door company, the swing IS arbitrary and up to our choice.