I'm currently using a 3/4" x 1/2" bell reducer and 1/2" nipple to connect my tub faucet's inlet flare (I think that's the right word?), but no matter what I do, I'm getting leaks on both ends of the reducer. Per the picture, I'm using PTFE tape.

Is there a way I can directly connect the braided connector to the inlet flare? The faucet also came with a riser nut with a washer inside which I'm currently not using.

enter image description here


You need special adapters built for older tubs that use the old style bathcocks. If you go to a plumbing shop (not big-box hardware store) and ask for "claw-foot tub faucet adapters" they will probably know exactly what you are looking for:

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • Also, nicer looking. There are a number of online “fancy” versions available for visible plumbing. – M.Mat Oct 28 '19 at 5:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.