I have some vaportight luminaires that I plan to install in a garage. The garage has bare stud walls, so all wiring is run in 3/8" BX armored cable. The luminaires came with a cable gland connection and approximately 1 ft of SOOW wire stubbed out. I can open the fixture and remove the wiring, but the BX cable is much too large to fit through the gland. My understanding of the electrical Code (Salt Lake City) is that all exposed wiring in garages has to be protected from damage. I don't believe SOOW wiring is rated for permanent installation. How should I connect the BX cable to this light?