Let’s say I have an outdoor weatherproof electrical box on the front of my house. Can I use a regular ‘ol outlet instead it, or are there special ones intended for external use?

  • You'll either need a GFCI outlet or a GFCI breaker on the circuit. – Brian Rogers Oct 25 '19 at 6:06
  • 1
    If youre asking "plain outlet" I have not heard of an outdoor type. If you are talking "GFCI outlet" then they won't protect that. However a smarter installer will use skill to put the GFCI protective device inside, and that means you get to use a plain outlet and indoor GFCI device. – Harper - Reinstate Monica Oct 25 '19 at 11:16

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.