I have this section of the wall just above my bed, recently it became a bit dirty so I used a sponge to clean it. Unfortunately now I'm left with a a big green mark on the wall and it wont go away.

I think the only way it to paint over it . is there any other option ?

If I paint that half a meter squared section I donx't want it to much noticeable from the rest of the room What should I do ?

enter image description here


It looks like you scrubbed away the top layer of paint. There's no way to scrub it back on.

If you have the paint, you can easily blend it in, though fading due to age may result in it being slightly conspicuous.

If not, get a paint match (for both color and sheen) and paint the entire wall.

  • would I need a brush or a roller . having it in mind that I'm a student with a limited budget
    – Ed1995
    Oct 24 '19 at 18:03
  • Either. A brush will leave slight bristle marks.
    – isherwood
    Oct 24 '19 at 18:04
  • Yes. A can of paint can be had for under $30, the roller and some time and attention is about $10 maybe. Not sure you will find a betteroption and still haave it looking good.
    – noybman
    Oct 24 '19 at 18:04
  • thank u. I will try my best
    – Ed1995
    Oct 24 '19 at 18:10
  • A roller is good for blending it in...
    – JACK
    Oct 24 '19 at 18:13

Looks like the sponge got dissolved or the old paint shines through. I would prime that area and paint the complete wall from corner to corner. I never had much success in fixing a small area. On the other hand, I have a hard time ignoring imperfections exspecially when I caused them. Also, patching takes usually as long as doing the complete wall.

It comes down to if you can ignore something shining through after fixing?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.